Snow Fort

❆❅❄ Snow Fort Fun ❄❅❆

Unfortunately, I injured my knee over the break so I was unable to go outside and physically build a snow shelter. However, as an alternative I decided to make a small physical model indoors and tried to use materials I found around the house. 

The first step was to figure out what I would use as the base of my structure. Immediately I thought of a bowl so I decided to begin with a paper bowl. 


I was happy with the shape of the bowl but I wanted the shelter to be taller. I proceeded to cut the largest part of another bowl off and used the top half to add some more height. In order for the second bowl to stay higher I put cotton balls in between the bowls. 
At this time I also decided to cut a small opening into the base bowl for traveling in and out. 


I then began to cover my shelter with cotton balls to resemble snow. 


To finish it off I decided to place some leaves at the bottom of the snow shelter to serve as a "floor" and keep it dry. I also added some twigs to the opening to stop wind from coming in with such force. 




I had a lot of fun making this model and I think that if it was created with real materials outdoors, it would do a pretty good job of protecting those inside from the elements. 

Comments

Popular Posts