How to survive with some branches and leaves

Living in Coventry, there is an abundance of pine trees, fallen branches, and dead leaves. As I was walking around looking for a place to build my fort I fell into a dip. I decided to dig some more and found a large enough hole for people to sit in. This large hole was probably from when we used to play outside when we were younger.
With the help of my friend Laura and her brother, we began gathering branches and the extra wood (from the tree that fell on my car of course) and stack them like Lincoln Logs to make the walls. We packed snow in between the logs for added sturdiness.

The leaves on the bottom made for a nice floor once we pushed all the snow off and added more leaves. There is a very small door so people can get in and out but not too many things can come in. 

 Our next challenge was the roof. We went around and gathered long sticks for the outline of the roof. We laid them on top and then took bunches of leaves and branches of pine trees to fill in the rest of the roof. 
This fort is much roomier than it looks. The door is big enough to slide in and out of and pretty comfortable for two people. Here are some videos and pictures of the finished product. 


My feet are a bit frozen but building this fort was totally worth it. The completed roof makes for a very warm shelter. 




Comments

Popular Posts